Zoning/Code Enforcement Report
1. Finalizing Board of Appeals file materials.
2. Continued MEA grant administration.
a. Submitted MEA monthly required status report to
b. Updated Town electrical usage charts for energy
c. Had a follow up conversation with Sean Williams and
the Town Planner regarding grant award process.
3. Coordinated potential court case with Town Attorney.
4. Plan research for a meeting regarding potential land use
for the eastern side of Route 15.
5. Sent letter to SHA regarding potential turn lane at
Timber Mill Road.
6. Met with Town Planner to discuss various current and
7. Updated grease trap reports and sent out second notice
8. Reviewed and updated draft revision Forest Conservation
sections of the Ordinance.
9. Gathered available property information on Town-owned
rental properties for insurance report.
10. Wrote response to Sumersett Construction’s letter
regarding FEMA waterline
11. Met with George Brenton and the Town Planner regarding
Daughters of Charity renovations to D and E wings.
12. Draft cost estimate requests for 22 East Main
13. Took water and sewer plans to Copy + for scanning.
14. Finalized a burning permit template for Town.
15. Met with DNR regarding forest programs. Took DNR staff
on a tour of potential planting sites.
16. Met with Town Manager and Standard Solar regarding final
metering contracts. Provided research in kilo watt hour
17. Looked into MD Economic Development grant for Mayor.
Follow-up with City of Hagerstown staff.
18. Draft letter to Frederick County Liquor Board for Town
19. Provide research into potential savings for the Vigilant
Hose Company if they participate in the solar metering
20. Issued + 50 enforcement letters regarding snow removal
21. Tour town on a regular basis.
Zoning permits and/or zoning letters issued during January:
Date / Address / Type / Fee
1-10-14 / 1327 Huntley Circle / Fence / $49
1-27-14 / 327 S Seton Ave / Const trailer / $35
1-29-14 / 39 Federal Ave / RV Carport / $39
1. Attended the following town meetings:
Town Board January 22
Planning Commission January 27
Board of Appeals January 28
2. Worked on Planning Update for January 22 town board
3. Prepared meeting materials for Planning Commission and
Board of Appeals. After meeting, prepared meeting minutes
for BOA meeting and e-mailed to BOA members.
4. Coordinated review of Homes for Emmitsburg stormwater
agreement and letter of credit by John Clapp, Esq.
5. Met with Community Legacy working group re finalizing
6. Met with George Brennan, DOC Facilities Manager,
regarding potential interior renovations, and potential
revisions to the parking plan so as to better serve the new
7. The Square –
Conference call with Seth Harry and Mayor Briggs re
approach for meeting with State Highway (SHA). (1/22)
Prepared powerpoint and meeting materials for 1/23
meeting with SHA7.
Meeting(1/23) with SHADist.7 staff and Seth Harry to go
over their review of the revised design, compared to SHA
standards. Set public information meeting set for February
Prepared and distributed meeting info via posters,
e-mails, Ch 99, website, facebook.
8. Met with Dept of Natural Resources staff regarding
potential resources and funds for stormwater enhancement
projects. Will need to tie any projects into the Watershed
Improvement Plan timetable, so as to assure credit for
reductions in volume, improvements to water quality.
9. Conference call with MD Energy Administration re
LED/solar grant funding.
10. Provided Forestation Ordinance draft for 2/3/2014 town
meeting packet, after incorporating John Clapp comments.
11. Conferred with MD Dept. of Environment contact and John
Clapp re draft of floodplain ordinance revision. Will be
discussion item at 2/3/2014 meeting.
12. Conferred with MD Dept of Planning liaison re MHAA 2014
grant, and need to revise timetable to reflect SHA
involvement in construction design and funding.
13. Conferred with DHCD contact re Community Legacy program
applications. Prepared agreement for review by John Clapp.
14. Supervised zoning and code enforcement activity.
Contacted Frederick Co. re status of Use and Occupancy
permit application for existing non-compliant business.