The State of Maryland now
allows for an exemption from paying the $5 per month fee
for those who meet the following hardship guidelines:
Town of Emmitsburg, Maryland
Bay Restoration Fee Hardship Exemption Program
hardship exemption criteria:
The applicant must meet 2 of the following conditions:
• If owner-occupied, property owner must be receiving
the Homeowners’ Property Tax Credit.
• Receiving energy assistance subsidy;
• Receiving public assistance-supplemental security
income (SSI) or food stamps;
• Receiving veterans or social
security disability benefits;
• Household child receiving free or reduced lunch
• Completion of Bay Restoration Fee hardship exemption
• Proof the applicant resides at the property.
• Copy of tax bill or proof of Homeowners’ Property Tax
• Copy of energy bill, benefit check, or other
documentation of receiving one of the above benefits.
• Maximum of one year based on fiscal year July 1through
• Applicant must request exemption renewal.
• Application must be received by July 30 of the
• New residents will be reviewed upon application then
again each July 1
click here for