Parks and Recreation
• Community Gardens- Can be moved but it is
suggested that they are not placed near the water
barrels which are attached to pavilions. Use of
pavilions in warmer months results in higher foot
traffic which could disrupt gardens.
• Permit for field behind town office does not
exist. Working with Board of Ed to receive ok to use
fields at our discretion
• Facebook page and Google calendar requests have
been sent to the town office. Staff is looking into
• A Google calendar already exists on the website.
No one submits events or activities.
• Sand volleyball court will be turned over this
• June 27th, 2014 - 7:00-9:00 pm- "Kickoff to
Summer" - Carolyn Miller
• July 25, 2014 - 7:00-9:00pm- "Tie Dye Party" -
• August 8, 2014- 6:30 -8:30pm-TBD
• Tie Dye Party will be held outside the pool
• Is there a budget for additional items such as
smoothie mix, ice, leis, beach balls, tie dye
Community Heritage Days
Is the parks committee interested in having a part
of this? Yes!
• Vendors-Jennifer Mellor
• Kickball Tournament-Neighborhood competition-Dave
• Dave McCarthy will work with FACKA (Frederick
Adult Co-ed Kickball Association) to organize this
• Garden demo- Jennifer Mellor will explore
• Some sort of trail activity-Seeking a volunteer to
assist with this
• June 13-Newmont Military Band, $100-Committee
• June 27-Emmitsburg Community Choir-What is their
fee? Who is the contact?
• June 21 or July 19- Joe Forrester, Elvis
impersonator, $300 Committee approved
• Aug 9th-Frum the Hills, $100- Committee approved
• May 20th
• Aug 19th
• November 18th
• Dave McCarthy will contact CYA basketball to see
if they want to have a 3 point shooting contest in
the park then proceed to swimming pool for one of
the pool parties.
• Carolyn Miller suggested we meet in April to make
sure we have pool parties and Community Heritage
Days events in order.
• Presented the POS/CPP Breakdown to committee.
Carolyn Miller is interested in pursuing a
playground for Emmit Gardens. Commissioner Mellor's
suggestion to Ms. Miller was to form a committee and
begin the process by formally requesting support
from the town/board.
• POS/CPP funds could be dedicated to a backboard
for the tennis courts?
• New member invitation-Commissioner Mellor invited
Pastor John Talcott to be a member of the committee.
His status in undetermined at this time.
Submitted by-J Mellor, 2/24/14