(3/23) Residents from Hamiltonban and surrounding townships form grass roots effort to prevent zoning changes to control growth. A zoning amendment has been proposed that would change the zoning of prime orchard land from agricultural to more
The residents are concerned about the potential adverse effects rezoning can create such as:
- · School and Property Tax increases
- · Problems with disposal of sewage and waste water
- · Significantly reduced or depleted water supply
- · Substantial increase in traffic on local roads
- · Increased activity and responsibilities placed on our volunteer fire departments, police officers, teachers, schools and other state, county and township services.
- · Diminishing the historical and rural characteristics of the landscape
- · Damaging the agricultural industry in the area
The residents are also concerned that incremental property amendments to an already decade old zoning plan is inappropriate. They recommend a complete review of the Township’s Comprehensive Plan and Zoning Ordinance.
Save Our Hamiltonban Heritage will be holding a public meeting at the Fairfield Fire Hall on April 4th at 7:00 p.m. to discuss the issues. All are welcomed and encouraged to attend.
For further information contact 642-9225 or email: email@example.com.
Read other articles related to Fairfield