November 2013 2013
Susan H. Cipperly, AICP
1. Attended Town Meeting – November 18, 2013
Prepared and presented change which allows family day care
as a by-right use in residential zones and Village zone, but
must be licensed by the State of Maryland. Does not allow
commercial day care in residential zones.
Met with Mayor and Town Manager prior to town meetings to
discuss current and new agenda items and ongoing
2. Prepared and submitted Community Legacy project review
request packets to MD DHCD for MHT review. Current project
applications involve 1-3 East Main, 122 E. Main, 315 E.
Main, and VFW building at 12 W. Main. Responded to
follow-up questions from DHCD.
3. Square project –
Met with Mayor Briggs, Dave Haller and State
Highway Baltimore and District 7 staff to discuss
modifications to the concept design, based on what SHA
believes prudent in terms of safety considerations, while
still allowing upgrade of the square and elements beyond the
from Seth Harry Associates, Inc. re providing redesign of
square concept plan to reflect SHA schematic, and related
4. Communicated with developer regarding preliminary sketch
plan for potential retail development on East Main Street.
As of this writing, no formal plan has been submitted.
5. Consulted town attorney regarding the stormwater
agreement for Homes for Emmitsburg and advised HFE of
required changes to agreement.
6. Received follow-up information from Daughters of Charity
– George Brenton re potential interior renovations.
7. Enforcement actions regarding fence height at 400 W.
8. Supervised zoning and code enforcement activity.
List of prior months' Town Planner's reports