Role: To assist the Liturgy Chairperson in planning, scheduling,
overseeing and evaluating parish liturgical activities.
- Assist in planning regular, seasonal and special Liturgies
- Provide evaluation of liturgical services and programs
- Help to encourage new liturgical ministers
- Serve as a liaison/contact for a specific ministry group
- Participate in two liturgy committee meetings per year for planning and faith development
Training: One initial orientation meeting with Liturgy Chairperson
Personal Qualities Needed: A strong belief and understanding of the true beauty and religious
meaning of both the Advent-Christmas and Lenten-Easter seasons. Use of creative and artistic skills to express and
highlight seasonal themes. Commitment to parish liturgical growth and involvement.
Time Commitment: Approximately two to four hours per liturgical season spent in meetings and in
preparing for liturgical services. Chairperson to attend monthly Pastoral Council meeting.
Return to Activities Page