Role: To lead the congregation in song and encourage active
participation of the assembly.
- Announce hymns and numbers
- Lead the congregation in singing the hymns
- Teach new songs before Mass
- Sing occasional solos or solo verses
- Participate in two liturgy committee meetings per year for planning and faith development
Formation: Initial and ongoing formation provided. Previous musical experience or background is
Personal Qualities Needed: Outgoing person, ability to lead. Clear singing voice required and an
ability to project voice. Confidence in public speaking.
Time Commitment: Practice times and Masses as scheduled.
Return to Activities Page