|Real Computer Tech Support Calls ...
- Customer: I'm trying to connect to the Internet with your CD, but it just doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?
Tech support: OK, you've got the CD in the CD drive, right?
Customer: Yeah.... Tech support: And what sort of computer are you using?
Customer: Computer? Oh no, I haven't got a computer. It's in the CD player and all I get is weird noises. Listen.....
Tech support: Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!
- Tech support: What kind of computer do you have?
Female customer: A white one...
- Customer: Hi, this is Celine. I can't get my diskette out.
Tech support: Have you tried pushing the button?
Customer: Yes, sure, it's really stuck.
Tech support: That doesn't sound good; I'll make a note.
Customer: No .. wait a minute... I hadn't inserted it yet... it's still on my desk...sorry....
- Tech support: Click on the 'my computer' icon on the left of the screen.
Customer: Your left or my left?
- Tech support: Good day. How may I help you?
Male customer: Hello... I can't print.
Tech support: Would you click on "start" for me and...
Customer: Listen pal; don't start getting technical on me! I'm not Bill Gates, damn it!
- Customer: Hi, good afternoon, this is Martha, I can't print. Every time I try, it says 'Can't find printer'. I've even lifted the printer and placed it in front of the monitor, but the computer still says he can't find it...
- Customer: I have problems printing in red...
Tech support: Do you have a color printer?
Customer: Aaaah....................thank you.
- Tech support: What's on your monitor now, ma'am?
Customer: A teddy bear my boyfriend bought for me in the supermarket.
- Customer: My keyboard is not working anymore.
Tech support: Are you sure it's plugged into the computer?
Customer: No. I can't get behind the computer.
Tech support: Pick up your keyboard and walk 10 paces back.
Tech support: Did the keyboard come with you?
Tech support: That means the keyboard is not plugged in. Is there another keyboard?
Customer: Yes, there's another one here. Ah...that one does work
- Tech support: Your password is the small letter a as in apple, a capital letter V as in Victor, the number 7. Customer: Is that 7 in capital letters?
- Customer: I can't get on the Internet.
Tech support: Are you sure you used the right password?
Customer: Yes, I'm sure. I saw my colleague do it.
Tech support: Can you tell me what the password was?
Customer: Five stars.
- Tech support: What anti-virus program do you use?
Tech support: That's not an anti-virus program.
Customer: Oh, sorry...Internet Explorer.
- Customer: I have a huge problem. A friend has placed a screen saver on my computer, but every time I move the mouse, it disappears.
- Tech support: How may I help you?
Customer: I'm writing my first e-mail.
Tech support: OK, and what seems to be the problem?
Customer: Well, I have the letter 'a' in the address, but how do I get the circle around it?
- A woman customer called the Canon help desk with a problem with her printer.
Tech support: Are you running it under windows?
Customer: "No, my desk is next to the door, but that is a good point. The man sitting in the cubicle next to me is under a window, and his printer is working fine."
And last but not least:....
- Tech support: "Okay Bob, let's press the control and escape keys at the same time. That brings up a task list in the middle of the screen. Now type the letter "P" to bring up the Program Manager."
Customer: I don't have a P.
Tech support: On your keyboard, Bob.
Customer: What do you mean?
Tech support: "P".....on your keyboard, Bob.
Customer: I'M NOT GOING TO DO THAT!!
Submitted by Bill, Narberth, PA.
Return to: Top
of Page, Computer Joke List, My Little
|More Aviator's words of wisdom
- If you push the stick forward, the houses get bigger, if you pull the stick back they get smaller. (Unless you keep pulling the stick back -- then they get bigger again)
- Flying is not dangerous; crashing is dangerous.
- It's better to be down here wishing you were up there, than up there wishing you were down here.
- The propeller is just a big fan in the front of the plane to keep the pilot cool. Want proof? Make it stop; then watch the pilot break out into a sweat.
- Speed is life, altitude is life insurance. No one has ever collided with the sky.
- It's best to keep the pointed end going forward as much as possible.
- The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
- Every one already knows the definition of a 'good' landing is one from which you can walk away. But very few know the definition of a 'great' landing. It's one after which you can use the airplane another time.
- The probability of survival is equal to the angle of arrival.
- Always remember you fly an airplane with your head, not your hands. Never let an airplane take you somewhere your brain didn't get to five minutes earlier.
- You know you've landed with the wheels up when it takes full power to taxi.
- Those who hoot with the owls by night should not fly with the eagles by day.
- A helicopter is a collection of rotating parts going round and round and reciprocating parts going up and down - all of them trying to become random in motion. Helicopters can't really fly - they're just so ugly that the earth immediately repels them.
- Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.
- Trust your captain .... but keep your seat belt securely fastened.
- Good judgment comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgment.
- Aviation is not so much a profession as it is a disease.
- There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
- The only thing worse than a captain who never flew as copilot is a copilot who once was a captain.
- Be nice to your first officer, he may be your captain at your next airline.
- It's easy to make a small fortune in aviation. You start with a large fortune.
- A fool and his money are soon flying more airplane than he can handle.
- Remember, you're always a student in an airplane.
- Keep looking around; there's always something you've missed.
- Try to keep the number of your landings equal to the number of your takeoffs.
- You cannot propel yourself forward by patting yourself on the back.
- There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are no old, bold, pilots!
- Gravity never loses -- the best you can hope for is a draw!
- You start out flying with a bag of luck and a bag of experience, the trick is to get your bag of experience full before your bag of luck is empty.
Return to: Top
of Page, List
of Humorous Sayings, My Little
|Are you a Democrat, Republican or Southern Republican?
Here is a little test that will help you decide. Question: How do you tell the difference between Democrats, Republicans and Southern Republicans? The answer can be found by posing the following question:
You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children. Suddenly, an Islamic Terrorist with a huge knife comes around the corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, praises Allah, raises the knife, and charges. You are carrying a Glock .40,
and you are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family. What do you do?
- Well, that's not enough information to answer the question!
- Does the man look poor or oppressed?
- Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack?
- Could we run away?
- What does my wife think?
- What about the kids?
- Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand?
- What does the law say about this situation!?
- Does the Glock have appropriate safety built into it?
- Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society and to my children?
- Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me?
- Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me?
- If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me?
- Should I call 9-1-1?
- Why is this street so deserted?
- We need to raise taxes, have a paint and weed day and make this happier, healthier street that would discourage such behavior.
- This is all so confusing! ! I need to debate this with some ! friends for few days and try to come to a consensus.
Republican's Answer: BANG!
Southern Republican's Answer: BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! click.....(sounds of reloading). BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! click Daughter: "Nice grouping, Daddy! Were those the Winchester Silver Tips?"
Submitted by Dick, Williamsport, Md.
Return to: Top
of Page, List of Political Jokes, My Little
|The positive values of rednecks ...
We have enjoyed the redneck jokes for years. It's time to take a reflective look at the core beliefs of a culture that values home,
family, country and God. If I had to stand before a dozen terrorists who threaten my life, I'd choose a half dozen or so rednecks to back me up. Tire irons, squirrel guns and grit -- that's what rednecks are made of. I hope I am one of those.
- You might be a redneck if: It never occurred to you to be offended by the phrase, "One nation, under God."
- You might be a redneck if: You've never protested about seeing the 10 Commandments posted in public places.
- You might be a redneck if: You still say "Christmas" instead of "Winter Festival."
- You might be a redneck if: You bow your head when someone prays.
- You might be a redneck if: You stand and place your hand over your heart when they play the National Anthem.
- You might be a redneck if: You treat Viet Nam vets with great respect, and always have.
- You might be a redneck if: You've never burned an American flag.
- You might be a redneck if: You know what you believe and you aren't afraid to say so, no matter who is listening.
- You might be a redneck if: You respect your elders and expect your kids to do the same.
- You might be a redneck if: You'd give your last dollar to a friend.
Submitted by Debbie, Middletown, Md.
Return to: Top
of Page, List of
Redneck Jokes, My Little
Nov 9th Humor Page