While waiting for my first
appointment in the reception room of a new dentist ...
... I noticed his certificate, which bore his
full name. Suddenly, I remembered that a tall, handsome boy with
the same name had been in my high school class some 40 years ago.
Upon seeing him, however, I quickly
discarded any such thought. This balding, gray-haired man with the
deeply lined face was too old to have been my classmate.
After he had examined my teeth, I asked
him if he had attended the local high school.
"Yes," he replied.
"When did you graduate?" I asked.
He answered, "In 1957."
"Why, you were in my class!" I exclaimed.
He looked at me closely and then asked,
"What did you teach?"
Submitted by Judy,
Return to: Top
of Page, List of Jokes
About Aging, My Little
Did You ever Wonder?
- Who was the first person to look at a
cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze
- these dangly things here, and drink
whatever comes out"?
- Why do toasters always have a setting
that burns the toast to a horrible
- crisp which no decent human being would
- Why is there a light in the fridge and
not in the freezer?
- If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares,
why is there a song about him?
- Can a hearse carrying a corpse drive in
the carpool lane?
- If the professor on Gilligan's Island
can make a radio out of coconut, why
- can't he fix a hole in a boat?
- Why do people point to their wrist when
asking for the time, but don't point
- to their crotch when they ask where the
- Why does Goofy stand erect while Pluto
remains on all fours? They're both dogs!
- Why are Trix only for kids?
- If Wile E. Coyote had enough money to
buy all that Acme stuff, why didn't he just buy dinner?
- If quizzes are quizzical, what are
- Why is it that when someone tells you
that there are over a billion stars in the universe, you believe
them, but if they tell you there is wet paint somewhere, you
have to touch it to make sure?
- Is Disney World the only people-trap
operated by a mouse?
- Why do the Alphabet song and Twinkle,
Twinkle Little Star have the same tune?
- Do illiterate people get the full
effect of Alphabet Soup?
- Did you ever notice that when you blow
in a dog's face, he gets mad at you, but when you take him on a
car ride, he sticks his head out the window?
Return to: Top
of Page, List
of Humorous Sayings, My Little
Words Women Use
- FINE: This is the word women use to end
an argument when they feel they are right and you need to shut
up. Never use "fine" to describe how a woman looks - this will
cause you to have one of those arguments.
- FIVE MINUTES: This is half an hour. It
is equivalent to the five minutes that your football game is
going to last before you take out the trash, so it's an even
- NOTHING: This means "something", and
you should be on your toes. "Nothing" is usually used to
describe the feeling a woman has of wanting to turn you inside
out, upside down, and backwards. "Nothing" usually signifies an
argument that will last "Five Minutes" and end with "Fine."
- GO AHEAD (With Raised Eyebrows): This
is a dare. One that will result in a woman getting upset over
"Nothing" and will end with the word "Fine"
- GO AHEAD (Normal Eyebrows): This means
"I give up" or "do what you want because I don't care." You will
get a "Raised Eyebrow Go Ahead" in just a few minutes, followed
by "Nothing" and "Fine" and she will talk to you in about "Five
Minutes" when she cools off.
- LOUD SIGH: This is not actually a word,
but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A
"Loud Sigh" means she thinks you are an idiot at that moment,
and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and
arguing with you over "Nothing."
- SOFT SIGH: Again, not a word, but a
non-verbal statement. "Soft Sighs" mean that she is content.
Your best bet is to not move or breathe, and she will stay
- THAT'S OKAY: This is one of the most
dangerous statements that a woman can make to a man. "That's
Okay" means that she wants to think long and hard before paying
you back for whatever it is that you have done. "That's Okay" is
often used with the word "Fine" and in conjunction with a Raised
- GO AHEAD: At some point in the near
future, you are going to be in some mighty big trouble.
- PLEASE DO: This is not a statement, it
is an offer. A woman is giving you the chance to come up with
whatever excuse or reason you have for doing whatever it is that
you have done. You have a fair chance with the truth, so be
careful and you shouldn't get a "That's Okay." THANKS: A woman
is thanking you. Do not faint. Just say you're welcome.
- THANKS A LOT: This is much different
from "Thanks." A woman will say, "Thanks A Lot" when she is
really ticked off at you. It signifies that you have offended
her in some callous way, and will be followed by the "Loud
Sigh." Be careful not to ask what is wrong after the "Loud
Sigh," as she will only tell you "Nothing"
Submitted by Debbie, Proud
Return to: Top
of Page, List of
Jokes About Marriage, My Little
15th Humor Page