A rookie police officer was out for his first ride in a cruiser with an experienced partner.
A call came in telling them to disperse some people who were loitering. The officers drove to the street and observed a small crowd
standing on a corner. The rookie rolled down his window and said, "Let's get off the corner, people."
A few glances, but no one moved, so he barked again, "Let's get off that corner...NOW!"
Intimidated, the group of people began to leave, casting puzzled stares in his direction. Proud of his first official act, the young policeman
turned to his partner and asked, "Well, how did I do?"
"Pretty good," chuckled the veteran policemen, "especially since this is a bus stop!"
Submitted by Andy, Gettysburg, Pa.
Return to: Top
of Page, Clean Joke List, My Little
Murphy's Law Addenda
- Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.
- He who laughs last, thinks slowest.
- A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
- Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
- Back up my hard drive? How do I put it in reverse?
- I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory.
- When the chips are down, the buffalo is empty.
- Seen it all, done it all. Can't remember most of it.
- Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.
- I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
- She's always late. Her ancestors arrived on the Juneflower.
- You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted; then used against you.
- Honk if you love peace and quiet.
- Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular?
- Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
- Remember ... if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.
- If you have a 50/50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90 percent probability you'll get it wrong.
- If you lined up all the cars in the world end to end, someone would be stupid enough to try and pass them.
- You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
- Latest survey shows that three out of four people make up 75 percent of the world's population.
- If the shoe fits, get another one just like it.
- The things that come to those who wait may be the things left by those who got there first.
- Flashlight: A case for holding leaking dead batteries.
- Shin: A device for finding furniture.
- A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
- Everybody lies, but it doesn't matter since nobody listens.
- I wish the buck stopped here, I could use a few.
- When you go to court, you put yourself in the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.
- Light travels faster than sound, so some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Submitted by Bill, Narberth, Pa.
Return to: Top
of Page, List
of Humorous Sayings, My Little
There was a Christian lady who lived next door to an atheist.
Everyday, when the lady prayed, the atheist guy could hear her. He thought to himself, "She sure is crazy, praying all the
time like that. Doesn't she know there isn't a God?"
Many times while she was praying, he would go to her house and harass her, saying "Lady, why do you pray all the time?
Don't you know there is no God?" But she kept on praying.
One day, she ran out of groceries. As usual, she was praying to the Lord explaining her situation and thanking Him for
what He was gonna do. AS USUAL, the atheist heard her praying and thought to himself. "Hmph. I'll fix her."
He went to the grocery store, bought a whole bunch of groceries, took them to her house, dropped them off on the front
porch, rang the door bell and then hid in the bushes to see what she would do.
When she opened the door and saw the groceries, she began to praise the Lord with all her heart, jumping, singing and
The atheist then jumped out of the bushes and told her, "You ol' crazy lady, God didn't buy you those groceries, I bought
Well, she broke out and started running down the street, shouting and praising the Lord. When he finally caught her, he
asked what her problem was.
She said, "I knew the Lord would provide me with some groceries, but I didn't know he was gonna make the devil pay for
Submitted by Patty, Ringos, NJ.
Return to: Top
of Page, List of Religious
Jokes, My Little
Feb 14th Humor Page