While enjoying an early morning breakfast in a northern Arizona cafe ...
... four elderly ranchers were discussing everything from cattle, horses, and weather to how things used to be in the "good
Eventually the conversation moved on to their spouses. One gentleman turned to the fellow on his right and asked, "Roy,
aren't you and your bride celebrating your 50th wedding anniversary soon?"
"Yup, we sure are," Roy replied.
"Well, are you gonna do anything special to celebrate?" another man asked.
The old gentleman pondered this for a moment, then replied, "For our 25th anniversary, I took Bea to Tucson. Maybe for
our 50th, I'll go down there and get her."
Submitted by Joe, Emmitsburg, Md.
Return to: Top
of Page, List of
Jokes About Marriage, My Little
A painter called Jock, who was very interested in making a penny where he could ...
..., so he often would thin down paint to make it go a wee bit further. As it happened the local church decided to do a big
restoration job. Because his price was so low, Jock got the job. And so he set to erecting the trestles and setting up the planks, and buying
the paint and, yes, I am sorry to say, thinning it down with turpentine.
Well, Jock was up on the scaffolding, painting away, the job nearly completed when suddenly there was a horrendous clap
of thunder, the sky opened, and the rain poured down, washing the thinned paint from all over the church and knocking Jock clear off the
scaffold to land on the lawn among the gravestones, surrounded by telltale puddles of the thinned and useless paint.
Jock was no fool. He knew this was a judgment from the Almighty, so he got
on his knees and cried: "Oh, God! Forgive me! What should I do?"
And from the thunder, a mighty voice spoke...
Repaint! Repaint! And thin no more!"
Submitted by Sister Wink, Yonkers, NY
Return to: Top
of Page, Groaner Joke List, My Little
How to keep an healthy level of insanity
- At lunch time, sit in your parked car with sunglasses on and point a hair dryer at passing cars. See if they slow
- Page yourself over the intercom. Don't disguise your voice.
- Every time someone asks you to do something, ask if they want fries with that.
- Put your garbage can on your desk and label it "in"
- Put decaf in the coffee maker for 3 weeks. Once everyone has Gotten over their caffeine addictions, switch to
- Finish all your sentences with "in accordance with the prophecy."
- Don't use any punctuation marks
- As often as possible, skip rather than walk.
- Ask people what sex they are. Laugh hysterically after they answer.
- Specify that your drive-through order is "to go".
- Sing along at the opera.
- Go to a poetry recital and ask why the poems don't rhyme.
- Put mosquito netting around your work area. Play a tape of jungle sounds all day.
- Five days in advance, tell your friends you can't attend their party because you're not in the mood.
- Have your coworkers address you by your wrestling name, Rock Hard Kim.
- When leaving the zoo, start running towards the parking lot, yelling "run for your lives, they're loose!!"
- Tell your children over dinner. "due to the economy, we are going to have to let one of you go."
And the final way to keep a healthy level of insanity.......
- Send this e-mail to everyone in your address book, even if they sent it to you or asked you not to send them stuff
Submitted by Bill, Narberth, Pa.
Return to: Top
of Page, List of Jokes
about work, My
Little Sister's Jokes,
Back to August 5 Humor Page