|Let's see how good you are on "COMMON KNOWLEDGE".
No cheating! No looking around; no using anything on or in your desk. Can you beat 18? (The average.) Write down your answers and check the answers (which are on the bottom of e-mail) after completing all the questions. And remember ... No Cheating!
- On a standard traffic light, is the green on the top or bottom?
- How many states are there? (Don't laugh, some people don't know)
- In which hand is the Statue of Liberty's torch?
- What 6 colors are on the classic Campbell's soup label?
- What 2 letters don't appear on the telephone dial? (No cheating!)
- What 2 numbers on the telephone dial don't have letters by them?
- When you walk does your left arm swing w/your right or left leg?
- How many matches are in a standard pack [cardboard flip top]?
- On the United States flag is the top stripe red or white?
- What is the lowest number on the FM dial?
- Which way does water go down the drain in the US, counter or clockwise?
- Which way does a "no smoking" sign's slash run?
- How many channels on a VHF TV dial?
- Which side of a women's blouse are the buttons on?
- On a NY license plate, is New York on the top or bottom?
- Which way do fans rotate?
- Whose face is on a dime?
- How many sides does a stop sign have?
- Do books have even-numbered pages on the right or left side?
- How many lug nuts are on a standard car wheel?
- How many sides are there on a standard pencil?
- Sleepy, Happy, Sneezy, Grumpy, Dopey, Doc. Who's missing?
- How many hot dog buns are in a standard package?
- On which playing card is the cardmaker's trademark?
- On which side of a Venetian blind is the cord that adjusts the opening between the slats?
- On the back of a $1 bill, what is in the center?
- There are 12 buttons on a touch tone phone. What 2 symbols bear no digits?
- How many curves are there in the standard paper clip?
- Does a merry-go-round turn counter or clockwise?
Submitted by Larry, Walkersville, Md.
Don't look at answers below until you complete all the questions:
Return to: Top of Page, List of Interesting Facts, My Little Sister's Jokes,
|Men and Women Compared:
- If Laura, Suzanne, Debra and Rose go out for lunch, they will call each other Laura, Suzanne, Debra and Rose.
- If Mike, Charlie, Bob and John go out, they will affectionately refer to each other as Fat Boy, Godzilla, Peanut-Head and Scrappy.
- When the bill arrives, Mike, Charlie, Bob and John will each throw in a $20,even though it's only for $32.50. None of them will have anything smaller, and none will actually admit they want change back.
- When the girls get their bill, out come the pocket calculators.
- A man will pay $2 for a $1 item he wants.
- A woman will pay $1 for a $2 item that she doesn't want.
- A man has six items in his bathroom: a toothbrush, shaving cream, razor, a bar of soap, and a towel from the Holiday Inn.
- The average number of items in the typical woman's bathroom is 337. A man would not be able to identify most of these items.
- A woman has the last word in any argument.
- Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.
- A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband.
- A man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.
- A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend.
- A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
- A woman marries a man expecting he will change, but he doesn't.
- A man marries a woman expecting that she won't change and she does.
- A woman will dress up to go shopping, water the plants, empty the garbage, answer the phone, read a book, and get the mail.
- A man will dress up for weddings and funerals.
- Men wake up as good-looking as they went to bed.
- Women somehow deteriorate during the night.
- Ah, children. A woman knows all about her children. She knows about dentist appointments and romances, best friends, favorite foods, secret fears and hopes and dreams.
- A man is vaguely aware of some short people living in the house.
Submitted by Marianne, Columbia, Md.
Return to: Top of Page, List of Jokes About Women, My Little Sister's Jokes,
|For a computer programming class, I sat directly across from someone . . .
. . . and our computers were facing away from each other. A few minutes into the class, she got up to leave the room. I reached between our computerís and switched the inputs for the keyboards. She came back and started typing and
immediately got a distressed look on her face. She called the teacher over and explained that no matter what she typed, nothing would happen. The teacher tried everything. By this time I was hiding behind my monitor and quaking red-faced.
I started to type, "Leave me alone!"
They both jumped back, silenced. "What the . . . " the teacher said.
I typed, "I said leave me alone!"
The kid got real upset. "I didn't do anything to it, I swear!" It was all I could do to keep from laughing out loud. The conversation between them and HAL 2000 went on for an amazing five minutes.
Me: "Don't touch me!"
Her: "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hit your keys that hard."
Me: "Who do you think you are anyway?!" Etc. Finally, I couldn't contain myself any longer and fell out of my chair laughing.
After they had realized what I had done, they both turned beet red. Funny, I never got more than a C- in that class.
Submitted by Andy, Gettysburg, Pa.
Return to: Top of Page, Computer Joke List, My Little Sister's Jokes,
Return to: Top of Page, List of Political Jokes, My Little Sister's Jokes,
- 50 (please tell me you at least got this one!)
- Blue, red, white, yellow, black, and gold
- Q Z
- 1 and 0
- Counter (unless you happen to be south of the equator)
- Towards bottom right
- 12 (no #1)
- Clockwise as you look at it
- Ace of spades
- *, #
Back to August 8 Humor Page